SecureSystem is thrilled to announce that Dr. Ludwig H. Bertsch has joined us as a member of our Advisory Council. Dr. Bertsch’s key expertise in the cargo management and logistics industries is crucial and timely as we continue to bring SecureSystem’s full-scale cargo monitoring solution to market.
“That SecureSystem continues to attract experienced talent and innovative leaders from the logistics industry is a testament to the uniqueness of our solution and our potential,” said Oliver Toma, SecureSystem CEO. “We are excited to welcome Dr. Bertsch to our team.”
SecureSystem empowers shippers with in-transit visibility into the location, status, and condition of their cargo, transforming standard shipping containers into smart, connected assets using sensors, redundant communication links, and patented personalized access control. A cloud-based Trust Center allows global monitoring and data integration into clients’ information management systems.
Previously announced Global Advisory Council members from aspects of industry and government central to SecureSystem’s growth strategy include:
- Dr. Thorsten Blecker, Professor for information technology in logistics at the Hamburg University of Technology
- Carl-Peter Forster, Chairman of the Shareholder Committee of Hella; former Board Member of Geely Automotive Holdings and Volvo Cars, former group CEO at Tata Motors and CEO and President of GM Europe
- Max Holtzman, Principal at Pontos Aqua Advisory, Vice Chairman of Capitol Peak Asset Management, and former Senior Advisor to the United States Secretary of Agriculture
- Marco Lopez, senior advisor to Grupo Carso, Latin American trade and security executive and former chief of staff at U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP)
- General Douglas Lute (Ret.), CEO of Cambridge Global Advisors, former U.S. Ambassador to NATO and Assistant to Presidents Bush and Obama
- Dan Prieto, National Security and Cyber Security Expert
- Tom Winkowski, former Commissioner of Customs and Border Protection (CBP) and Principal Deputy Assistant Secretary for Immigrations and Customs Enforcement (ICE)
Dr. Ludwig H. Bertsch
Dr. Ludwig H. Bertsch began his career as co-founder of a management consultancy with focus on revenue and yield management systems in the travel and transportation industries. He has extensive experience in the Cargo and Logistics industry, as an innovative and future-focused executive and as an active investor with companies including Perot Systems, Swisscargo, Swissport International and CHEP. Most recently, he worked with Unilode Aviation Solutions, as CEO and Chairman and after a PE lead buyout as member of the Board. Unilode offers its airline customers the largest fleet of digitalized ULD`s (Unit Load Devices), enabling a new range of digital services in asset tracking and status monitoring, for pallets and containers inflight and on the ground. Under his leadership, Unilode Aviation Services has won the prestigious IATA innovation award twice for its digital offering.
Dr. Bertsch has a Diploma in Management from the J.W. Goethe University in Frankfurt; he spent 3 years as research assistant at the WHU – Otto Beisheim School of Management, and then graduated summa cum laude with a PhD in Logistics Management. As result of his doctoral research, he co-developed and implemented the first operational Cargo Yield Management system in the industry.